Saturday, 8 July 2017

Getting High

Lets face it - that's the truth, we just want to get high.

A massive fuss is made over humans taking drugs - but not alcohol.  The law states that in most countries drugs are illegal - but not alcohol.

When you take opioids you become euphoric and happy, when you smoke weed you chill out and reinvent the world, on hallucinogens you explore far corners of the mind.  On alcohol there there is a mixture of weed and opiate things going on.  but irrespective of the exact state of mind these drugs pass onto us humans, the bottom line is we do it to get high.  Call it relaxed, but it is a forced unconscious transaction between drug and human - the substance forces the human mind to artificially change.

It blows my mind how there is such a differentiation between drugs and alcohol in society that people actually believe there to be a difference.

That's marketing for you.

6 comments:

  1. I'm with you on this. It is amazing. You're right. I just want the buzz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nuts right? Yes we just want the "switch" like the Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Brick just waits for it - we all do.
      M xx

      Delete
  2. Yes, indeed.
    It is marketing. I even had a friend insist that drinking wasn't as bad as smoking pot, and I said, they are both drugs!
    Too much of either one is bad!
    She couldn't see it.
    And she's smart, which tells me it's all about marketing.
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is scientifically worse. You are right that marketing is key, companion drinkers are also marketers - like the ones that say we deserve wine after a hard day. Marketing :)
      M xx

      Delete
  3. So true, I've been getting high (primarily with alcohol) for most of my adult life, why? Because I liked (actually loved) the feeling and it was okay to do so, without anyone knowing how bad I was; until is was not.

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to Talk to me.....