Thursday, 2 February 2017

Well that was interesting.

So I went for the interview but I was confused as to whether this guy thought it was a job interview or a date.  It seemed to start OK then somehow skirted around what his company actually did and what he was doing - and what I would be doing.  He mainly talked about his home in Ireland, being based in London and now working in NZ for a project which so far (15 mins in) I still didn't really understand.


Then I talked about my work history for about 1 minute pulled out my CV which he had no interest in so I turned the conversation back to the project.  After not getting very far but learning that he was divorced and had two grown children in NZ I turned the conversation back to the project.  I said a couple of intelligent things about projections and forecasts which seemed to spark a light within and off he went actually explaining the project.  I was then furnished with a detailed pitch on the project financed by a big company that I recognise.  It seemed that I needed to pass a few tests before he shared this info and my CV is impressive (one part of my life that is :)).

As I had met this guy for a couple of mins through a good friend of mine, I wonder if he was serious about all of this or if he had a other intentions.  My judgement is flawed due to this recovery process and I do not trust myself at all nor do I trust others I don't know.  He has arranged to meet next week to give me one of the projects to cost.

I could be imagining all of this of course and early stages of new projects can be vague.

I don't trust my judgement at all - it is like I can recognise my life's a muddle.  I can recognise my thought process is deeply flawed right now.  All this I can see.

My first AA meeting is 8 pm on Monday.  I am definitely going - a lovely lady I used to work with (she managed one of the charity shops and I managed the other) contacted me and said a little bird had told her (about my going sober) and wondered if she could take me to her meetings.  I am so very grateful.

4 comments:

  1. Michelle,
    That was a strange interview if you ask me.
    And, not professional.
    You handled it beautifully.
    Is he giving you that project as a kind of test?
    I am so glad you have a friend to go to a meeting with.
    The first time I tried AA, I went alone to big groups, and I never connected with anyone.
    So I quit.
    This last time I got sober, I found some wonderful groups who excepted me with open arms.
    That being said, it might be strange at first.
    But the real life support is awesome!!
    Love,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy x
    I haven't thought much about it as I have been busy renovating - I have completely fallen in love with the slightly off-white enamel paint together with natural wood (of all kinds).
    I am trying not to think too much and just let it happen on Monday :)
    M xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good!
      I am happy you are active!!
      I think way too much!
      xo
      wendy

      Delete
  3. Hi Wendy x
    I haven't thought much about it as I have been busy renovating - I have completely fallen in love with the slightly off-white enamel paint together with natural wood (of all kinds).
    I am trying not to think too much and just let it happen on Monday :)
    M xx

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to Talk to me.....