Saturday, 18 February 2017

So Much to Be Thankful For

Hi all

I have spent a stressful Sunday getting my 11 year old ready for camp next week.  I always have terrible anxiety when they are going away.

So I used a fabulous idea that I retrieved from a Smart online meeting last week.  The "do" jar.  It is a list of things to just go and do when you feel like a drink or whatever.  (I have two jars 1. for me on my own and 2. for the kids and I)

I picked "go to the beach" - so off we all went and some friends tagged along.  Then I got home and thought - "crap" I should have taken the dog so now I will have to go walk him.  So off we went down to the estuary and it was good.  This is taken from outside our lounge & kitchen window/doors.

If you look just above the trees at that little channel of water it is where our 3-legged dog got a surprise with the tide coming in (all that sand in the photo is now completely covered).

Life was lovely for about an hour today.  I am so thankful.

7 comments:

  1. On day 19 today free from alcohol and I very much appreciate your blog. Thank you!
    Lisa, USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa - That's great! I know how hard the first few weeks are grrrr.
    Feel free to email me if you would like (missmkora@hotmail.com)
    It takes the body ages to adjust to no alcohol doesn't it?
    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a beautiful place you live!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Wendy- you too
      Is it starting to warm up?
      It's 12 midnight here and I have slept already for 4 hours as went to bed early. Now I am awake :) Need to eat some mouse chips :) x

      Delete
  4. Love the jar idea, might have to do that here! The beach looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good. If you had suggested that say 4 months ago I would have said a few swear words ie #$% that. But it is really good.

      If it is after 7.30 pm I am going to add "go to bed" as sometimes a bit of sleep just changes where you are at. xx

      Delete

Feel Free to Talk to me.....